Walnut Hill College is pleased to offer several scholarships to prospective students who have demonstrated academic excellence.
There are a number of opportunities to earn awards based on merit, performance, community involvement, and leadership abilities. Additionally, we offer a grant especially for students entering our management programs. Please remember that you do not have to limit yourself to one scholarship! Students may apply for all of our scholarship categories, provided they meet the specified requirements. The deadline to submit our scholarship application is April 30, 2020.
President’s Award Scholarship
The President’s Award Scholarship recognizes high school seniors who have made significant achievements in one or more of the following categories:
- Academic Excellence
- Community Service
- Improvement in Academic Performance
A $3,000 award is presented to the winner in each category and may be applied to the tuition for any major at Walnut Hill College. Students may apply for the President’s Award Scholarship in as many categories as they are eligible.
School of Management Scholarship
The School of Management Scholarship is presented to three students intending to pursue a management career in the hospitality industry. There are three awards in the amounts of $3,000, $2,400, and $1,800. These awards must be applied to the tuition for either a Hotel Management or Restaurant Management degree at Walnut Hill College.
High School Achievement Scholarship
This $1,200 scholarship goes toward tuition for any major at Walnut Hill College and is awarded to one student who meets the following criteria:
- Graduate high school in June 2019.
- Attain a cumulative high school GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Earn a combined SAT score of 900 (CR+M) or higher.
If the candidate meets the criteria in more than one of these categories, they may include documentation for each additional category in their scholarship application packet and check off all categories for which they are applying. Essays should have a heading for the category for which they were written.
All scholarships are awarded based on merit. Students will receive half of the scholarship award during their first academic year and the remaining half in their second academic year, provided they maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher. All scholarships must be used within six months of the student’s high school graduation date. Students should remain in contact with the Office of Financial Aid for updates and other scholarship and grant opportunities throughout each year of enrollment.
Our admissions and financial aid representatives are available to answer any questions you may have about our scholarship opportunities. Please call (267) 295-2311.
In addition to our essay-based scholarships, eligible prospective students may take advantage of the following opportunities:
- Walnut Hill College’s Chocolate and Culinary Competitions
- The $500 Think Einstein HR Knowledge Scholarship
- American Academy of Chefs
- American Culinary Federation
- American Hotel & Lodging Educational Foundation
- ASecureLife.com Campus Safety Scholarship
- Blue Sky Limo Scholarship
- Child of an American Veteran Scholarship
- Community Superhero Scholarship
- Delaware DECA Scholarship
- Diet Chart Scholarship
- Entrepreneurial Scholarship
- Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America
- Free Browsing Link Scholarship
- The Hospitality Industry Network
- Imagine America
- Impact on the Community Scholarship
- The John Foy & Associates Strong Arm Leukemia Scholarship
- Lalco Residency Scholarship Program
- Les Dames d’Escoffier International
- Lux Rehabs Scholarship
- Micklin Law Group Scholarship
- National Restaurant Association
- National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation
- New Jersey DECA Scholarship
- Nigeria School Scholarship
- PACAC Scholarship
- Pennsylvania DECA Scholarship
- Pennsylvania Restaurant & Lodging Association
- PHEAA: Pennsylvania State Grant Program
- Randall Blair Isenberg Alcohol Addiction Awareness Scholarship
- Traumatic Brain Injury Scholarship
- Unigo Top Ten List Scholarship
- Veteran Continuing Education Scholarship
- Veterans & Military Family Scholarship
- WebstaurantStore Biannual Culinary and Hospitality Scholarship
- Women Chefs & Restaurateurs