Our financial aid team is always happy to assist students and parents in navigating the financial aid application process.
We do our absolute best to get every student the financial assistance needed to make an education at Walnut Hill College possible. This assistance can come in the form of loans, grants, and scholarships, and our team works with each student to determine which options are right for them. The Office of Financial Aid is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The deadline for Pennsylvania residents to complete the FAFSA is Sunday, April 30, 2017. Please contact Financial Aid if you require assistance.
Students and parents are encouraged to contact the Office of Financial Aid for details on grant and loan programs. In addition to federal and state administered financial aid programs, we accept other funding sources for tuition and fees, including:
- Veterans benefits
- Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) services
- Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR) services
- Employee tuition-assistance programs
Requirements and Programs
Basic Financial Aid Eligibility Requirements
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be a United States citizen or eligible non-citizen with a valid Social Security number
- Be accepted into an eligible, degree-granting program
- Have an acceptable high school diploma or GED
- Register for Selective Service (only males 18-25)
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress once accepted into chosen program
Financial Aid Programs
- Federal PELL Grant*
- Federal Academic Competitiveness Grant (ACG)
- PHEAA State Grant and PHEAA Special Programs Grant
- Federal Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford Loan
- Federal Parent Plus Loan
- Private/Alternative Loans
*Grants are not repaid and are generally awarded to students who demonstrate financial need. Student and parent loans are borrowed money that must be repaid to the lender with interest.
How to Apply
- Call (267) 295-2311 to make an appointment with a financial aid representative.
- Begin the financial aid application process by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Our FAFSA school code is 015499.
- Pennsylvania residents applying for the PHEAA State Grant and PHEAA Special Programs Grant may log onto www.aessuccess.org or www.pheaa.org.